Friday, October 10, 2014

GINGERBREAD HOUSE


Lawn Fawn "Sweet Christmas"


Remember Candy Land? I would play it for hours and then dream of sweet treats!
This wonderful new set from Lawn Fawn is called, "Sweet Christmas".
When working on this box it brought back wonderful memories!


I decided to try a different size and shape for my pop-up-box. The finished card is 5 1/2 x 5 1/2. When open it forms a rectangle box. In order to balance the weight on the bottom, I ended up making the box this size so I could use the full image of the stamped house on the top.


Here is a view looking down into the box. I have attached all my die cuts directly onto the box dividers. There are not acetate wiggleys on this one, Lol!


Copics and Cryogen paper were used. I love how the color blends on this paper and it's perfect to used for holidays with its subtle sparkle. For the gingerbread house background I used a snowflake ef with two types of paper. The blue in back is a metallic paper with a heavy weight vellum on top of it. 
Rock Candy was used on the orange slice and gumdrops to look like sugar. Viva Gloss Gel was applied to the peppermints and lollypops. The snow icing along the roof was made with a Snow Marker. Of course, Wink of Stella has been used too!

Thanks for looking have a great week end!
  • Stamps: Lawn Fawn- Sweet Christmas
  • Dies: Lawn Fawn-Sweet Christmas-lawn cuts
  • Papers: Cryogen, Bo Bunny- double-dot Gingerbread, kraft, metallic, heavy weight vellum
  • Other: MFT- Pierced Oval Stax, Darice- Snowflakes embossing folder, Stickles- Rock Candy, Viva Gloss Gel, Copics, Marvy- Snow Marker, iridescent twine, bakers twine


6 comments:

  1. This is certainly a sure way to make sure your recipients save your cards forever!! This is fabulous. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome!! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how sweet! Forgive the pun...smile...well it is! Your boxes are always so well done! and Yes, I remember candy Land. I really liked to play it too, so much that I also made sure I got the game out for my daughter and grandaughter so I could play too. (I in my second childhood!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhhh... candy land! I wonder if it's in the attic! This is one SWEET box! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing and sweet just like you. This must have taken you into the wee hours, that magical time when fairies dance and our minds get lost. Love it...love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this pop up box! Would you be willing to share your measurements/template?

    ReplyDelete