Wednesday, October 23, 2013

SSCB #22 Focus on Sentiment or Quote!



Time for another SS Challenge! Just use any Serendipity Stamps Sentiment or Quote as your focus. Serendipity has so many wonderful stamps to choose from it was hard for me to decide. So, I made two cards to show you!

The special of the week is 20% off all stamps in the Words and Verse Category!
This offer is good through 10/30

 If you are new to our challenges you can find all the details here on the SSCB. The winner, chosen by random, will receive a $20.00 discount on their order!
If you have played before, welcome back!
We love seeing all of your designs!

Here are your Links for the SSDT!
Karen Amidon...thats me!




 "Here's To The Blessings " quote was chosen for the focus. On the background I used the clear embossing technique with the beautiful Acorns & Sweetgum stamp.




I really like how this gives a tone on tone effect. To add some interest, I fussy cut leaves from the stamped image.  The lighting decided to give its own spin on the paprika colored paper and turned it bright orange!!



 The "Peace" stamp was used inside. I wanted to keep it CAS. All three of these stamps are included in the "Sweetgum & Acorns Cling Set".



My second card was made with the same layout and technique. I used the "To Everything" stamp as my focus. I repeated the acorns in the embossed pattern by adding the charms.

Thank you for looking and love to hear your comments!




7 comments:

  1. Both of these are so totally autumn, Karen! Wonderful tone on tone effect and lovely bottom edge details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your backgrounds are amazing Karen! Both cards are so elegant with the fancy die cut and gorgeous script sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous..Karen! Love the stamped background and the beautiful inside of your card. The edge die you used on both cards is BEAUTIFUL! Makes the card so elegant! The pictures look great too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the elements of your card Karen! Great sweetgum stamp and lovely curved die cut at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the tone on tone maybe because it is black on black. I also love the color combination of this card. Simple and an elegant twist on fall. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two gorgeous cards, I love that fancy edge die cut, and some wonderful stamping here too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!! Love how you created the backgrounds and the clear embossing looks wonderful!! Mary does have some fabulous sentiments!!

    ReplyDelete