Monday, October 21, 2013

5 LITTLE WHOOTS!

Aren't these" Whoots" just the cutest?!
Owls seem to be the hot trend now everywhere!
This card was made for the AI "Perfect Papers" Challenge. We were to use three different textures or papers on our project.



These guys were stamped onto Cryogen Paper and colored with Copics. I love to use the iridescent paper when coloring winter scenes and holiday images. I fussy cut the owls and instead of glueing them flat, I have curved the center three. The end guys were pushed in a little to help make the curve. Collall was used in the middle so they would not flatten. I added fluffy pom poms to the end of the ties on their hats. There is Glossy Accents on their beaks to give a little shine. I've trim my card with a few snow flakes, pearls, ribbons, a button, and of course, a bow!



For inside of the card I used another AI stamp, "Catch the Spirit".

Thanks for Looking and love to hear your comments!

  • Stamps: Art Impressions- Five Whoots Set, Catch the Spirit
  • Dies: Nellie's- Oval Nesting, Spellbinders- Snowflakes, IO-Snowflakes
  • Papers: Cryogen, Flourishes White 110, Jillibean- Spoonful of Honey, Candied Cheer, cardstock
  • Other: Copics, Collall, Perfect Layer Rulers, Glossy Accents, foam tape, Score tape, pom poms, pearls, ribbons, twine, button



4 comments:

  1. Really cute Karen! Great colors and layout. AI will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen. I have these guys too and love the card you made with them!. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, Karen! I really LOVE the Little Whoots! and the pom poms are a sweet touch. Thanks for joining our Pretty Papers Challenge at Art Impressions this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a hoot! Adorable card. Great coloring match with the papers.

    ReplyDelete