Wednesday, February 4, 2015

SERENDIPITY STAMPS CHALLENGE #40



"ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE"...And all we need is you!
February is the month for love and it also means time for a new challenge at Serendipity! We would love for you to join us by playing along in our "LOVE" theme challenge. This can be Valentines, wedding, anniversaries, etc. just include a Serendipity stamp or die in your design. 
New to SS challenges? You can find all the details here on the SSCB.

SALE ~40% OFF highest priced item in cart when you use the code, "40fromhigh215" Expires 2/11 

We have a new guest designer for the month of February!
A BIG welcome to Kara Vrabel! You can see her beautiful creations here kandrdesigns.blogspot.com

Karen Amidon ...you are here!

The DT is always given a little extra challenge thrown into the theme. For this posting we are to use non traditional colors, sentiments, and for a guy!

 Feeling Lucky in Love!



The Poker Chips and, "Lucky" were the inspiration for my design. Serendipity has some great NEW dies. Are these fun or what?!! 
To make the poker chips I ran the die through four times using four different colors of a heavy weight paper. The back side of the chip was lined with a double sided tape. I poked out the shaped die cuts and put a different color in its place. 


The,"Lucky" die cuts beautifully and actually has a shamrock at the end of the, "y". I trimmed that part off in order to have space to stamp the other words in! 
When I can't find exactly what I want in verbiage, I make it! The,"in" has been masked off from a stamp sentiment called, "It's not the years"! The size was just perfect for what I wanted. For the word, "love" I used the same technique and found it in, "who loves ya baby"!
The Scallop Heart die was released last month and I'm sure that it's a die that will get used throughout the year!



The beautiful Rose is an easy color with all the shading guidelines there for you. Years ago there was a rose called Talisman that were these colors, it was absolutely stunning! I've stamped the "love you" and made it into a little tag.

Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

  1. OMG Karen! Where do I begin? It's so FUN seeing the new Poker Chip die in action! Love all the colors in the chips and that you layered the hearts in there! And that rose it just stunning! I love roses that color - a combination of fall and summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute are the poker chips!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAYY! I'm so glad you used the poker chip! I love the fun colors and the cool card paper you used. Your roses are gorgeous too! I love the peachy orange!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are so well done...but that rose card...well, I had to take a second look...and a third...it's is so beautiful...I really l like the color combo that you used! And I also had to pin it to my pinterest board!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card,I love trimming up those word dies too! The roses are colored so beautifuly,not sure I could ever accomplish that but ,I just might give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards!! I love the poker chip die and love how you used it!! The roses are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these are fabulous, Karen! Love the poker card...this would be perfect for my dad, so I'll have to remember it. Wow, so many layers and details!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are awesome! I love the lucky one so much :)

    ReplyDelete